Technical specification for the purchased raw material
1.1) The present document describes general requirements of AGRANA Fruit Ukraine LLC (= AF UA), which cover all types of raw materials and food additives (= Product). Technical specificationfor the purchased raw material and Specification for the raw material variety, which contains detailed requirements towards quality and food safety aspects of each specific type of fruits/ additives, are considered an obligatory supplement to the supply contract.
1.2) The delivered (also imported) Product must comply with the present specification and existing Ukrainian regulations on food safety. This applies for the delivered Product, its packaging, transportation, storage and labelling. Any Ukrainian regulation that is stricter than this specification shall prevail.
1.3) Production process shall be in line with the existing national and local sanitary and hygienic norms in the country of origin.
1.4) Each Supplier/Producer (= Supplier) shall establish and implement documented Quality Management System (= QMS).
1.5) Supplier shall
- inform AF UA about all modifications to raw materials or process that might have a significant impact on the safety or quality of the Product delivered to AF UA.
- inform AF UA about any change in the national legislation, which might directly or indirectly affect the manufacture or the marketing of the Product.
- upon request provide AF UA QM documents and records incl. analysis results on the Product delivered to AF UA.
- organize free access of AF UA representatives (or any third party on behalf of AF UA) to the Supplier’s facility for the purpose of audit or assessment.
Packaging materials shall comply with the existing hygienic norms. Packaging shall be clean, closed, without defects, foreign smell or any damage caused by pests. Hygienic certificate (for the imported Product - specification) for packaging materials shall be provided to AF UA upon request.
2.1 Primary package (in direct contact with the Product: plastic or paper bags, aseptic bags, plastic canisters, steel containers etc.)
- The packaging material must meet the intended use functionality (also during storage and transportation of Product) and especially avoid risks of foreign materials. For instance, in the case of frozen fruits the packaging material must not become brittle to avoid cracks and fragments when handled and opened.
- Integrity of the package must be maintained to guaranty safety and quality of the Product within the whole period of its shelf life.
- Colour of primary package shall be contrasting with the colour of the Product (e.g. blue or white for strawberries). Transparent plastic is not allowed.
- The minimum film thickness required for plastic bags is 0,06mm.
- In case of cans, the opening using standard market equipment should not create metal fragments or shavings.
- Polypropylene pouches shall be enough robust for the Product stored in it with a solid seam-welded bottom, not perforated. For fine Products bottom seam must be sized with the Kraft paper.
- For packing of dry „dust-forming“ Products such as brans, spices it is recommended to use 3 layer Kraft bags. Packaging materials which cannot prevent dust formation and Product spills are not allowed for usage.
2.2 Secondary package (cartons, drums)
- The secondary package must be adapted to the content and be resistant enough to withstand at least for stacking 1 height on the pallet in the storage conditions.
- The secondary package and their elements (material, closing and sealing system) must not be a source of small particles that could create physical contamination of foods.
- Cartons must be at least of 2 layers. Carton cannot be used as a primary packaging and be in a direct contact with the Product.
- Cartons must be sealed with self-adhesive tape, not brittle, not transparent (blue type is recommended). The tape for sealing cartons with IQF goods must have superior low temperature (down to -25°C) and waterproof performance.
- It is forbidden to use metal staples or glue for cartons’ sealing. No metal seals must be present on totes and drums.
- It is strongly recommended to close drums with an “easy opening“ handle system with no screws and bolts. When using screws and bolts, screws must be tightly turned on the bolts, no bent bolts must be present. Internal and external surface of drums and totes must be dry, clean, without deep (more than 15mm) dents, rust and defects at welding seams.
2.3 Tertiarypackage (Pallet)
- The quality of pallet must be adapted to at least 1250 kg load and be resistant enough to allow the storage on racks or stacking on 3 levels. The pallet must not be a source of wooden chips or metal particles (nails, staples) that could create physical contamination of foods. The pallet must be clean.
- It is not allowed to use one way particle board pallets.
- A cardboard “slip sheet“ must be present between the wooden pallet and the load if the load is packed in cartons, paper bags or polypropylene pouches.
- Quality and size of the pallet must be as required in the contract/ purchase order (e.g. Euro-pallet)
- The palletizing must be done according to the secondary package format and must not go over the size of the pallet. Stretch wrapping (minimum of 3 layers) or plastic strapping (e.g. for drums) must be used to secure the load during transit.
3. LABELLING INFORMATION
Supplier must clearly identify each secondary package. It is allowed to place the Product information on the external side of package or inside the package using extra labels or on tags sewed in sacks. On the label (tag) there must be at least the following information in Russian:
- Product name incl. type of processing, shape and size (e.g., PEACH aseptic, cubes 10х10 mm; oat 1.5-2 mm). The designation of Product on the packaging label, in the supply contract and in the Specification for the raw material variety must be identical.
- Crop time (year and month) for fruits, honey, cereals, nuts
- Packaging date
- Production lot number or specific code which guarantees Product traceability
- Country of Product origin/ crop
- Name and address of Producer (or company which is authorized to handle customer complaints)
- Net-weight or volume of the Product
- Shelf life
- Storage conditions
On the reusable package it is only allowed to have labels which are directly related to the Product inside. Labels originated from the past deliveries must be removed.
The safety of quality of Product must be maintained during transportation. Truck drivers must have hygiene certificate for their truck (tank).
Type of transport (ambient / refrigerator) is agreed in the supply contract. Unless otherwise agreed between Supplier and AF UA the Product must be transported at the temperature which is recommended by the Producer of Product for its transportation/ storage.
The truck must be clean, free of foreign smell, abnormal moisture, pest and foreign objects! The truck cover must be clean, dust- and waterproof. Tent framework and tent floor must not be damaged or have any elements (e.g. bars) which are jutted out of the tent. The transported Product must be packed and palletized. Pallets or containers must be stacked in the truck close to each other in order to prevent movement of goods during transportation. The pallets must be stretch-wrapped and fixed with special stops when the truck is not full. Tank for the transportation of bulk products must be sealed. Tank for transportation of liquid products must be equipped with air filters.
It is not allowed to transport the Product together with non-food products, products of animal origin or other products which can contaminate the Product for AF UA. It is not allowed to transport allergenic and non-allergenic Products on one pallet.
Conditions of conformity
Vehicles used for the transportation of foodstuffs must be clean, in good order. Body of vehicles must have hygienic coating, which can be washed easily.
Driver-forwarders (freight forwarders), driver-loaders must have personal medical records, working clothes, strictly observe personal hygiene, ensure safekeeping, quality, safety and rules of transportation and unloading of food products.
Temperature conditions inside the vehicle shall comply with the specification for storage of transported material (finished products). Exemptions must be agreed between AFUA and sender (recipient) of the cargo.
5. QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY PARAMETERS
5.1) Foreign Bodies
Foreign bodies represent a danger for the health of consumers but also for the brand-image of the food product. Because of this reason everything possible must be done by Supplier in order to avoid the presence of foreign bodies in the Product for AF UA. In the Specification for the raw material variety each Supplier must specify operations and equipment implemented to avoid risk of foreign bodies (manual sorting, laser sorting, X-rays etc). Upon request from AF UA Supplier shall immediately provide the Control plan for foreign bodies in the Products delivered to AF UA.
The presence of glass in the production area and warehouses of Supplier is forbidden (e.g. viewing ports, sight-glasses, thermometers) unless unbreakable glass is used (i.e., tempered or laminated glass). The Product must not be in direct contact with wood! It is strongly recommended not to use wooden trays and boxes for transportation and storage of raw materials and finished products.
Each Product delivered to AF UA must be tested with metal detector (sensitivity for ferrous ≥3mm and non-ferrous ≥4mm) on the final process step.
The Product delivered to AF UA shall comply with the data from Specification for the raw material variety.
5.2) Microbiological, physical-chemical and sensory parameters
Supplier of the Product shall establish and approve Control plan for at least physical-chemical, microbiological and sensory parameters, indicated in the Specification for the raw material variety.
Upon request from AF UA Supplier shall immediately provide the Control plan used for the Products delivered to AF UA. The Product delivered to AF UA shall comply with the data from Specification for the raw material variety throughout its entire shelf-life (in case the Product is unopened and stored appropriately).
5.3) Toxicelements, mycotoxins, nitrates, pesticides, radionuclides
Supplier shall establish and approve Surveillance plan for chemical contaminants in the Product depending on the risks identified by Supplier together with AF UA, but at a minimum, respecting Ukrainian sanitary-epidemiological legislation.
For a minimum of each production day (lot), one retention sample of 1 kilogram of Product must be taken by Supplier. Each retention sample must be labelled with: the Product name, lot Nr, name of Supplier (Producer), sampling date. The retention samples must stored under the appropriate storage conditions within the shelf-life period plus 3 months – all together in a designated location, under responsibility of Supplier. If requested by AF UA, samples should be immediately forwarded to AF UA within a maximum 10 days.
Each Product must be tested for chemical contaminants in an independent accredited lab:
- before the first delivery to AF UA
- at the beginning of each transformation period - for fruits, nuts, cereals and honey which crop lasts no longer than 3 months; at the beginning and in the middle of each transformation period - for fruits which crop lasts longer than 3 months.
- at least once per year – for other Product varieties.
NOTE for contracts of less than 50 tons of Product variety: Supplier shall provide to AF UA analyses results (expert opinion), which is the ground for issuing of Hygienic certificate (Registration certificate) for the Product.
Upon request from AF UA Supplier shall immediately provide the Surveillance plan and analyses results for the Products delivered to AF UA. The delivered Product shall comply with the data from Specification for the raw material variety.
5.4) Food additives, flavours, technological aids
Food additives, flavours and processing aids which are used for Product manufacturing incl. their scope of usage and dosage shall comply with the applicable legislation of Ukraine.
All food additives (incl. food acidity regulators), flavours, processing aids and their tolerances in the Product shall be indicated in the Specification for the raw material variety and Food Safety Visa.
The Product, delivered to AF UA is not permitted to contain preservatives unless it is officially agreed with AF UA. SO2 ≤ 10ppm in the Product is considered as residues which do not provide preservative effect.
5.5) GeneticallyModifiedOrganisms - GMO
The Product must not be constituted by genetically modified organisms (GMO); If the Product or the treatment technological agents are derived, contain or come from a raw material source that could be from GMO origin, the Supplier shall be able to proof that the Product is non GMO by making GMO analysis at least once a year. Upon request from ARGANA Fruit UA Supplier shall immediately provide the analysis results.
Supplier shall fill in the Food Safety Visa for each Product delivered to AF UA.
Supplier of the Product shall implement all required measures of inspection to avoid any direct or cross-contamination on their site, during transportation or from suppliers of raw materials. Supplier shall fill in the Food Safety Visa for each Product delivered to AF UA.
6. DOCUMENTS TO SEND TO ARGANA FRUIT UKRAINE
6.1) ACCEPTANCE OF THE FIRST DELIVERY FOR ONE CROP is associated to the disposal of the following documents:
- Technical Specification for the purchased raw material signed and stamped by the Supplier;
- Specification for the raw material variety signed and stamped by the Supplier;
- Hygienic certificate (Registration certificate) for the Product; AF UA can provide certification support to the Suppliers who do not have representation in Ukraine;
- First analysis results on chemical contaminants received from the independent accredited Lab (see p. 5.3);
- Pesticides policy (if available)/ list of phytosanitary applications which are allowed for treatment of the delivered Product crop
- Food Safety Visa filled-in, signed and stamped by the Supplier.
The Supplier shall immediately update all the documents upon request from AF UA or after the expiration of their validity or in case of the changes described in p. 1.5.
All the documents have to be sent to the quality department of AF UA. Contact persons: quality and food safety manager Natalia Makhotina, Quality Director Diachuk Vera.
Address: 32 Tarnogrodskogo Str., Vinnitsa, Ukraine 21022
- CMR Note
- Packing List featuring for each reference the quantities delivered for each of the supplier production code or lot number.
- Certificate of Analysis for the delivered lot of the Product signed by the Supplier/ Producer. Certificate of Analysis shall contain lab results on checking for foreign bodies, on testing physical-chemical, microbiological and sensory parameters and any other results for the delivered Product.
Veterinary certificate (honey)
7. IDENTIFICATION AND TRACEABILITY
Supplier of the Product shall ensure well-established traceability system which allows to identify for each Product lot: suppliers of raw materials (e.g. fruit growers) and raw material lots, production line, critical process data (parameters of pasteurization or freezing parameters, etc.), results of quality control. The traceability records related to the production control, quality and food safety of the Product shall be archived within the Product shelf life but no less than 1 year.