Innovations in the
Innovation in the Fruit Segment
The development of new products and innovations represent an integral part of AGRANA's fruit preparation business. Owing to short cycles of the life of the product of fruit yoghurt, it is important to be able to react quickly to changes in consumer behaviour, to recognise development potential and to set new trends.
It goes without saying that AGRANA's top priority is to support its customers by providing:
- a perfect service,
- a pro-active approach to innovations
- and assisting them in the development of their product portfolio.
AGRANA’s international organisation and structure with 52 production facilities (37 facilities in the fruit area) on five continents makes it possible for the company to support its customers both with a global market vision and with local market know-how. The combination between international trends and local market know-how outlines an advantage in competition and makes it possible for AGRANA to be a significant partner in the area of innovation.
Current trends in the fruit preparation business:
- "100% natural": the most important trend in saturated markets
- "Health and wellness“: preparations with natural, but also with functional, ingredients
- "A treat": preparations for desserts that provide a moment of peace in stressful times
- "Social & environmental compatibility“: certified ingredients for use in Fair Trade products and for carbon dioxide and water footprints
- "Functional Food“: preparations that have an additional use
CONSULT OUR LOCAL MARKET EXPERTS!
In each country where AGRANA has a fruit preparation facility, our experts are available with their knowledge about the specific country to develop successfully the products for our customers.
New products are being developed within the following areas:
- Diary products: e.g. yoghurt, cheese, desserts and smoothies
- Bakery products
- Ice cream products
New product developments for the fruit juice concentrate industry are being prepared within the following areas:
- Use of by-products, such as apple pulp and fruit stones
- Optimisation of processes for better product and colour stability
- Improvement to aroma and quality
AGRANA INNOVATION & COMPETENCE CENTRE (ICC)
AGRANA has significant market shares in highly developed and saturated markets for dairy products in Western Europe and North America. These markets demand continuous leadership in innovation and technology.
For this reason, in 2005, AGRANA established in Gleisdorf, Austria, an Innovation and Competence Centre, for product and process development, optimisation of processes, and quality control of products and processes, for the entire AGRANA fruit sector.
In this Innovation Centre, teams of 18 food technologists identify strategic projects and work in direct collaboration with our customers and all AGRANA companies in the following areas:
- Innovations concerning the optimisation of processes and ingredients
- Development of innovative concepts for different customer target groups and applications considering important trends
- Know-how in the areas of food processing and ingredients